To All our Families:
As the State and Nation continue to shelter in place for COVID-19, Children’s Dental Associates of NLC, PC wants to let our families know we are prepared and taking every measure possible to ensure your safety.
As a pediatric practice we are accustomed to maintaining the highest standards for infection control on a daily basis. This includes universal precautions, personal protective equipment (masks, gloves, eyewear) as well as sterilization and disinfection of all surfaces. We do this with every single patient, every single day. We have always followed and will continue Universal Precautions for the welfare of our patients and staff. This includes:
- Wearing new, disposable gloves while treating each patient.
- Wearing a face mask covering our mouth and nose and protective eye wear while treating patients.
- Washing our hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer between every patient.
- Wiping the treatment chair, the countertops and cabinets in the room after we see each patient with the highest-level disinfecting wipes designed for hospitals and healthcare settings.
- Bagging and heat sterilizing all our instruments.
In our non-treatment areas, we are increasing our diligence in wiping our counters and doorknobs multiple times during the day with disinfectant wipes. We have hand sanitizer available in the check-in and check-out desk counter for your use.
During this new normal with COVID-19, we ask our families for the following considerations:
- Please limit the number of family members attending appointments to the patient and one other consenting adult (minor children) young adults 18 and older we request to enter building alone.
- If you or your family member has had any recent travel outside of the country or have come into contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- If any member of your family is feeling ill or had recently been ill, please call our office to reschedule your appointment or your child’s appointment. We will take temperatures of everyone entering our building and will reschedule anyone that is currently running a fever.
- We are going to minimize our team’s physical contact right now with patients and families, so we have asked our team members not to shake hands or hug.
- We will ask you to remain in your vehicle until we are ready for your appointment.
- For over 40 years, CDA has been an integral part in the health care of so many children in the state of Connecticut. We feel blessed and grateful for those opportunities, but moreover, we can promise that our commitment and efforts to provide safe, cautious and effective pediatric dental care did not begin with COVID-19 and will continue to be our top priority. We will continue to monitor various dental association recommendations along with those of the CDC and other governmental departments and act accordingly.
We hope our efforts help put you at ease. Please feel free to contact our office with any questions or concerns you may.
The Doctors of Children’s Dental Associates of NLC, PC